Bijbaan Coole start-up met eigen bar: DevOps engineer in Utrecht
|Branche:||Automatisering | ICT | eCommerce|
|Bruto uurloon:||€15,00 per uur|
We are looking for an engineer who has both software engineering and operations skills to further develop our automated infrastructure.What do we do?
We were founded four years ago and currently consists of a young team of more than 75 employees. Our product is the largest online marketing tool in the Benelux. But, what is it exactly?
We provide an online marketing tool for online retailers and marketers to easily place products on comparison sites, marketplaces, and affiliate networks, worldwide! The tool is very simple: product information is loaded through a data feed (a file with all product information), plug-in or API, and is then easily optimized using rules so that the feed meets the customer’s requirements and the specifications of the desired export platform.
On a more technical note:
We believe in choosing the best tool for the job. We therefore have services written in Python, Scala and Haskell. They all expose REST Apis and are composed together in a service-oriented architecture in which we can continuously improve each service.
We employ a continuous integration pipeline that allows us to quickly and safely deploy features, updates and fixes several times a day. Our infrastructure is running on Google Compute Engine and we strive to automate each part of the software development process as much as possible.What will your job be? What will your job be?
We are looking for an automation engineer to join our DevOps team. In this position you will be contributing to the improvement and scaling of our server infrastructure and the smooth operation of our tool. You will also help us improve and fine-tune our processes from provisioning, building and deploying, to monitoring and alerting. You are expected to find the right tool for the different processes, or to write a custom one if it doesn’t exist yet. Perhaps that will be our next open source project. We are looking for someone who can be proactive, autonomous, and keen to take the lead on the devOps “adventure”. Summarized, your tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Turning all of our infrastructure into code that can be reviewed and version-controlled
- Automating building, testing, provisioning, and deploying our services
- Hardening and securing our internal and external systems
- Improving and maintaining our monitoring and alerting systems
- Developing new tools that help us improve and run our infrastructure
Ideally, you have extensive experience in operations and in keeping a complex distributed application running and secure at all times. You should be interested in declarative infrastructure, reproducible builds, continuous integration and delivery, dynamic resource scaling, security best practices, and general robustness of a distributed system.
In more concrete terms, we expect you to have the following:
- Experience in managing infrastructure with either GCE, AWS or Azure
- Good understanding of networking concepts and protocols (SSH, DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Linux and system administration tools including systemd, apt, dpkg, dig and bash
- Familiar with build tools like e.g. make, stack, or sbt
- Familiarity with a configuration management tool, preferably Ansible
- Security-awareness and familiarity with concepts like defense-in-depth and the principle of least privilege
- Solid programming skills in Python
- Committed to high engineering standards
- Good working knowledge of a version control system like git
And then there are some things that are ‘nice to have’:
- Knowledge of Hashicorp tools like e.g. Consul, Vault, and Terraform
- Having used a functional programming language like Haskell or Scala before
- Understanding of containers, including cgroups, namespaces, chroots
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems
- Challenging part-time position (16-24h/wk) with space for personal initiative
- A spot in our beautiful monumental office in the heart of Utrecht, where every day your lunch is provided by us
- Career opportunities and the possibility to be constantly involved in new developments
- Working for a fast growing company with a young and ambitious international team
- Table tennis, PlayStation and Xbox– to fight your afternoon dip
- Free drinks at our in-house bar
|Minimaal opleidingsniveau:||Niet vereist
|Studierichting(en):||Informatica | Computerkunde | Grafische Vormgeving
|Minimum aantal dagen per week:||2 dagen|
|Beschikbaarheid:||Door de week (overdag)
Op zoek naar personeel?Plaats vrijblijvend uw vacature
Dagelijks vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox ontvangen?
|Bijbaan bij Action|
|Oproepkracht bij Action|
|Vulploegmedewerker bij Action|
|Vakkenvuller bij Action|
|Winkelmedewerker bij Action|
Bijbanen in de omgeving van Utrecht
|Winkelmedewerker Boekhandel Kees|
|Vleuterweide, De Meern en Utrecht (Terwijde)|
|Snelgroeiend bedrijf opzoek naar commerciële ...|
|Kamermeisjes / kamerjongens / housekeeping Utrecht|
|Incassomedewerkers - 32 tot 40 uur per week|
|Vaste en flexibele bijbaan als logistiek medewerke ...|